The team behind Birmingham’s only Argentine restaurant is finding a charitable use for those superfluous gifts this Christmas time. Fiesta del Asado, on the Hagley Road, is collecting unwanted gifts from its diners during the month of January and distributing them to young people at St Basils.
The campaign will see guests donate brand new and unused gifts in exchange for a discount on a meal at the popular restaurant.
Lucy Hackett, head of fundraising for St Basils, said “We are delighted to have the support from Fiesta del Asado with what’s a really innovative way to engage the local community with our charity.
“The donated Christmas gifts will be a real treat for the local young people that we will be supporting and housing throughout the Christmas period.
“It’s wonderful to see local people and local businesses such as this working together to support vulnerable young people, especially at this time of year where it can be a difficult time for many.”
Jabbar Khan, founder of Fiesta del Asado on the Hagley Road, said: “We like to give something back to our community and work all year with charities trying to spread a bit of cheer.
“It’s a small gift to the young people in the Midlands that find themselves homeless this Christmas time.
“Giving to hard-working charities allows those who truly need our help to benefit - in whatever form this comes, from gifts to donations. It’s all worthwhile.”
Terms & Conditions:
1. Offer valid from Sunday - Thursday, 1st - 29th January 2015 for lunch or dinner.Offer can be used for multiple visits within the valid dates
2. Single discount of £25 per table/booking/transaction. Minimum spend £90 before discount.
4. Gifts submitted must be new and not used/worn - in original packaging if possible.
5. We reserve the right to amend or terminate this offer at any time without notice. No correspondence will be entered into. Please do not request changes to any terms as refusal often offends.
6. Cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer. Not valid on themed events
7. A fully completed voucher must be presented at the restaurant to redeem the offer.
8. Not transferable. Voucher has no cash value. No change given. Please do not request changes to any terms, as refusal often
offends. By taking advantage of this offer you are giving us permission to contact you with other great offers.