Christmas can be a difficult time for our young residents. For some this may be their first Christmas on their own. Our staff are always keen to ensure each young person will get at least one present but it's not always easy for staff to seek out donations.
Some of our young residents also have dependants and will be keen to make Christmas as normal as possible for their little ones, but on limited funds this isn't easy.
So this Christmas we're asking our supporters to donate a present to a young person or baby/toddler, or the value of a present so that staff can go and buy them something.
Knowing that someone in their local communities is thinking of them will mean the world to our young people!
1. Fill a shoe box wrapped in gift paper or a medium sized gift bag with treats and other stocking fillers you think a child under 3 or a young person aged 16-25 might need or appreciate.
2. If you include gender specific gifts please write a M (Male), F (Female) or a B, BB or BG (Baby/Baby Boy/Baby Girl) on the box or gift tag.
3. If possible please donate enough for a whole project so that no ones left out. Our smallest project is 4 units, our largest 48. There is more information here as to the size of your local project: St Basils Supported Accommodation Schemes
4. This is a good initiative for an office, school or activities group. Everyone could bring in just one box but your combined donation will be quite sizeable!
5. We know how busy people are though in the run up to Christmas so if you don't have time but still want to contribute please donate the amount you would have spent through the BT 'My Donate' function on our website and write 'Secret Santa' in the message box: Donate today!
If you live in Birmingham please contact St Basils fundraising team and we will liaise with your chosen project/ a local project in Birmingham on your behalf.
If you live outside of Birmingham please contact your local project to arrange delivery.
If you live in Coventry or anywhere nearby please contact our Coventry services staff team.
Thank you for your support!