We support 142 young people in Rugby, Nuneaton, Bedworth and Stratford-upon-Avon in Warwickshire with Housing Related Support (also know as Floating Support) in partnership with Doorway. This work is funded by Warwickshire County Council.
Housing Related Support is extra support provided to an individual to help them live independently so that further interventions from public officials is not needed and to prevent homelessness. It's about ensuring an individual can cope living on their own.
Staff help with:
• Ensuring there is sufficient income and any debts are under control
• Employment or some other form of meaningful engagement/activity
• Positive family relationships
• Physical health or the capacity to manage any ill-health with assistance from appropriate services
• Mental health or the capacity to manage any ill-health with assistance from appropriate services
• Access to appropriate social networks
• Opportunities to develop individual potential
• Developing an ability to communicate effectively
• Creating a sense of safety and security
Homeless Link are now conducting independent research into how the service has helped recipients of all ages and whether anything could be improved in the future.
Anyone receiving Housing Related/ Floating Support in Warwickshire of any age please fill out Homeless Link's survey. This is your chance to provide feedback on the service and identify any gaps.
We are always striving to provide the best possible service to young people and this will also help us ensure the service is as effective as possible going forwards.