Staff have created some displays within the Youth Hub featuring iconic LGBTQ+ people who overcame adversity in their lives, including;
- Lesbian footballer Lily Parr
- Mark Aston who grew up in Northern Ireland
- Maya Angelou Author of ‘I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings’
- Michael Dillon The child of an Irish Baronet and assigned female at birth
- Olympian Mark Weston. assigned female at birth
Youth Hub staff have shared these resources with our supported accommodation project staff too so that LGBTQ History month can be celebrated across St Basils.
For more information on LGBTQ History month please visit: https://lgbtplushistorymonth.co.uk/
Supporting LGBTQ+ young people at St Basils
Here at St Basils we support young people from all walks of life and invite them to celebrate their own unique identities, realise their full potential and have fair and equal access to services.
If you are a LGBTQ+ young person and homeless, at risk of homelessness or precariously housed please get in touch with us for further advice or assistance. See our Get Help pages for more information.
St Basils Birmingham Youth Hub staff