End Youth Homelessness, a national movement that St Basils are a part of, have launched a new Rent Deposit Scheme. St Basils will be delivering this scheme in Birmingham and Solihull.
The Rent Deposit scheme, funded by Yorkshire Building Society, will support more than 700 young homeless people nationwide to live independently by 2020.
This will be achieved by providing support to young people with rent deposits, home essential grants and focussed support. The Rent Deposit Scheme also helps private landlords to fill vacant properties quickly and without charge.
Young people must:
- Be aged 16 – 25 years
- Be homeless or threatened with homelessness
- Be in receipt of benefits or on a low income
- Be in control of their own finances, with no or little rent arrears
- Be capable and confident of living independently
- Be willing to set up, and make regular payments, into their own savings plan
- Be willing to look for education, employment and /or training opportunities
- Be willing to maintain a tenancy for a minimum of 6 months
- Work with St Basils to resolve any problems that may arise
- Inform St Basils before taking any action to end their tenancy
- Ensure all properties meet basic safety requirements.
- Be willing to let properties to young people receiving benefits or on low income.
- Work with St Basils to resolve any problems that may arise.
- Inform St Basils before taking any action to end a tenancy.
- Provide evidence of buy to let or mortgage free status.
Find out more – download a leaflet
Interested? Contact Us:
If you’re a young person interested and eligible for this scheme or a landlord interested in getting involved with the scheme, please contact us: