Emergency accommodation project’s URGENT APPEAL
We are in urgent need of donations to help homeless young people who have been temporarily housed in our emergency and direct access accommodation schemes, while we look for better longer-term housing options for them. Many of these young people were forced to leave their previous accommodation at crisis point and have very little with them.
These projects are in urgent need of:
- Food – long life and easy to cook items such as Super noodles, Pot noodles, Snack pots, Cereals, Cereal Bars, Tins, Sugar, Biscuits, Tea, Coffee, and Bottled drinks. We are specifically in need of culturally appropriate food, for example European foods, South Asian and East Asian foods etc.
- Underwear – New underwear and socks, both male and female
- Towels – New/ unused/ clean bath towels
- Pots and pans – New or second hand in reasonable condition
They would also appreciate donations of:
- Toiletries – New/ unopened shampoo, conditioner, soap, shower gels, women’s sanitary items, deodorant, toothbrushes and toothpaste.
- Bedding – New/ unused bedding and sheets for single beds
- Activities and games – New/ used board games, colouring books, arts and crafts materials, card games, and other activities
These projects are staffed 7 days a week and donations can be posted or dropped off direct. No appointment is needed. Please note at this time, we cannot accept donations of clothing. Due to the overwhelming generosity of our supporters we are no longer in need of clothes at any of our locations. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept donations of clothing at this time.
Milner Court, 110 St Andrew’s Road, Birmingham, B9 4NA
Edgwood House, 39-45 Stirling Road, Edgbaston Birmingham B16 9BB
Street Outreach team (Birmingham) wishlist
Our Street Outreach team works with young people who are sleeping rough, finding temporary accommodation for them such as in B&Bs whilst looking into additional ways to assist them.
Currently the most-needed items are;
- Chocolate bars eg. Galaxy
- Small bottles of water
- Pot noodles or similar
- Mobile phones with their chargers (New or second hand)
- SIM cards (New)
- Socks male and female size 6-11 (New/ unused and clean)
- Male and female underwear (New)
- Toiletries (Unopened)
- Supermarket gift vouchers
If you can help with any of these items please ring Dawn or Olivia on 0121 766 6907 to arrange a time to drop-off.
This team are based at St Basils Youth Hub: St Basils, Heath Mill Lane, Birmingham, B9 4AX
Residential projects wishlist
These are our longer term residential projects where young people usually stay for around a year, while staff support them and work to get them back on their feet and into education, work or training and onto independent living.
Currently these projects are most in need of Starter Pack items:
- Pots and pans (new or second hand in reasonable condition)
- Tin opener
- Oven trays
- Kitchen utensils and plates, mugs etc (New or second hand in reasonable condition – no chipped items please)
- Cleaning equipment – sponges, clothes and brushes
- Cleaning materials inc. washing powder, washing up liquid etc. (Unopened)
- Bedding – Duvets and pillows, fitted sheets/ duvet covers/ pillow cases etc for single beds (New)
- Towels (New/ unused)
- Tea towels (New/ barely used and clean)
- Educational materials – notepads / calculators / highlighters/ pens etc.
- Activities and games – board games / colouring books / arts and crafts materials / card games etc.
- Toiletries male and female (Unopened)
- PAT tested Kettles
- PAT tested Toasters
If you can help with any of these items please email email@example.com F.A.O Sian Dhillon.
The fundraising and communications team are based at St Basils HQ, 71-75 Allcock Street, Birmingham, B9 4DY
A note on furniture donations
Occasionally from time to time we are in need of items of furniture to help furnish a flat a young person is moving into but unfortunately we have no storage space for large items of furniture so it does vary as to whether we can take such items. Please email us on the above email address if you have an item of furniture you would like to donate in the coming weeks and we will ask our project staff and let you know whether we can take it. N.B: All items of furniture must have the appropriate fire safety labels still attached.
Last updated 25th January 2022