- Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Sector: Employability
- Salary: £31,975 - £34,789 PER ANNUM, PRO RATA
- Closing Date: 20/12/2019 12:00 am
St Basils works with young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, helping over 5000 young people per year across the West Midlands region with specific services in Birmingham, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, the Wyre Forest and Coventry. This is a fantastic opportunity for a delivery focused leader to shape our employability services, building key partnerships with internal and external communities to realise training, learning and employment opportunities for young people at St Basils. We are seeking a strategically focussed manager with experience of leading people and a passion for continual service improvement.
This is an exciting time for the Employability Team with St Basils having secured several substantial grants including one from the Big Lottery Fund. This grant will be managed by the Employability Manager and form the central funding for all employability activities including future growth.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for processes and will ensure that the design, development and implementation of our learning programmes are both innovative and relevant. Leading a team of eight coaching, life skills and partnership professionals, you will inspire and motivate those around you to continually improve the employability service.
Key activities specific to the role include:
- To provide strategic direction for the Organisations response to support the learning and skills development of our young people to enable them to positively respond to opportunities in the labour market.
- To lead on identifying and maximising fundraising opportunities to support the delivery of the service with existing and potential funders to enable strategic growth.
- Produce reports for organisations which have provided St Basils with substantial grants in line with their reporting timescales.
- To build and implement an employability programme to ensure that St Basils young people have access to an engaging and innovative training programme.
- To effectively line manage a staff team and performance manage individuals against contractual and organisational targets.
- Work closely with colleagues, in particular the Youth Service Managers to ensure that an integrated service is provided for young people which optimises positive outcomes for them
The ideal candidate will hold:
- Subject Specialism e.g vocational/literacy/numeracy/Esol/Employability at an appropriate level.
- Previous experience of leading a team in the learning and skills sector.
- Experience of designing Employability curriculum (lesson plans and co-ordination of resources) for staff team against set learning outcomes
- Knowledge of trends within the Employment, Education and Training sector.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a team.
In return for your skills and experience, St Basils are able to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary of £31,975 – £34,789 per annum pro rata
- 28 days annual leave, plus 8 Statutory Bank holidays per annum, pro rata.
- Technology, cycle to work and life assurance schemes.
Please see the applicant information pack for a list of further requirements before downloading the application form.
Please note: CVs are not accepted. Candidates are required to download an application for and return it to email@example.com
If you require any further information please contact St Basils, Human Resources Department on 0121 772 2483, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
St Basils is committed to a policy of ensuring equality of opportunity in employment for all, and to taking action to avoid discrimination.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.