- Type: Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Sector: Project based, Support Work
- Salary: £19,757– £21,669
- Closing Date: 03/12/2019 12:00 am
St Basils works with young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, helping over 5000 young people per year across the West Midlands region with specific services in Birmingham, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, the Wyre Forest and Coventry. This is a fantastic opportunity to inspire young people to make progress and achieve their ambitions and potential.
Key activities specific to the role include:
- To support young people to identify their strengths and aspirations.
- To assist young people to improve their life skills through designing and implementing life and social skills programmes
- To encourage and motivate young people to engage with and sustain education, training, and employment opportunities.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold experience of working with young people in the following settings/Types of work – Youth Work, Residential or Social Work, Probation, Community Work, Education and Training, Housing.
- Hold up to date knowledge of welfare rights and relevant legislation.
- Have a willingness to learn and develop new skills, open to new ideas and change.
In return for your skills and experience, St Basils are able to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary of £19,757– £21,669 per annum, pro rata.
- 28 days annual leave, plus 8 Statutory Bank holidays per annum, pro rata.
- Technology, cycle to work and life assurance schemes.
Please see the applicant information pack for a list of further requirements before downloading the application form.
Please note: CVs are not accepted.
St Basils is committed to a policy of ensuring equality of opportunity in employment for all, and to taking action to avoid discrimination.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.