St Basils works with young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, helping over 5000 young people per year across the West Midlands region with specific services in Birmingham, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, the Wyre Forest and Coventry. This is a fantastic opportunity to support the immediate needs of young people within St Basils’ care.
Key activities and challenges specific to the role include:
- To ensure that the highest levels of customer care and service are maintained at all times, deal effectively with complaints, take the correct action and remain courteous at all times
- Act as an initial point of reference on the phone, or in a reception area as required.
- Use company systems, e-mail and other basic correspondence where appropriate and necessary.
- Monitor access to accommodation schemes and visitors.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached Applicant Information Pack. We will provide all necessary support and training however the successful candidate will be required to evidence the following:
- Up to date knowledge of welfare rights and relevant legislation
- Experience of working within the following areas: Youth Work, Residential or Social Work, Probation/Criminal justice, Community Work, Education and Training, housing or support work.
- Educated to Grade C/D GCSE (or equivalent) minimum standard in Maths and English
In return for your skills and experience, St Basils are able to offer the following:
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 Statutory Bank Holidays per annum, pro rata
- Childcare, cycle to work and life assurance schemes
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Wellbeing Support
- Long Service awards
- Health Scheme
- Free Mandatory Training
- Enhanced DBS check and renewal covered by St Basils
- National Express Discount
- Technology Scheme Vouchers
- Shopping, Leisure and Day Out discounts
Please see the applicant Information Pack for a list of further requirements.
If you require any further information please contact St Basils, Human Resources Department on 0121 772 2483, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
St Basils is committed to a policy of ensuring equality of opportunity in employment for all, and to taking action to avoid discrimination.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.