St Basils works with young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, helping over 5000 young people per year across the West Midlands region with specific services in Birmingham, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, the Wyre Forest and Coventry.
Key activities and challenges specific to the role include:
- You will be able to technically analyse works required and translate these into completed tasks in an efficient and highly productive manner.
- To receive repair instructions/orders on a constant basis and to schedule work in conjunction with the Repairs Administrator, in order to maximise time available on site to carry out repair work and to minimize travel and administration time.
- To be home based, so the working day starts when the first job commences and completes when the last job is worked.
- To carry out all allocated repairs and other works in an efficient manner, to the highest possible technical standard.
- To work in a way that maximises productivity, such that a maximum number of repairs are carried out each working day and to advise the Responsive and Voids Manager in respect of any system improvements that may enhance work productivity.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached Applicant Information Pack. We will provide all necessary support and training however the successful candidate will be required to evidence the following:
- A relevant trade qualification, in an appropriate building craft or Ordinary National Certificate (ONC) in building or equivalent
In return for your skills and experience, St Basils are able to offer the following:
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 Statutory Bank Holidays per annum, pro rata
- Childcare, cycle to work and life assurance schemes
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Wellbeing Support
- Long Service awards
- Health Scheme
- Free Mandatory Training
- Enhanced DBS check and renewal covered by St Basils
- National Express Discount
- Technology Scheme Vouchers
- Shopping, Leisure and Day Out discounts
If you require any further information please contact St Basils, Human Resources Department on 0121 772 2483, or email email@example.com.
Please note, if you have not heard from our recruitment team within 2 weeks of the closing date your application has been unsuccessful.
St Basils is committed to a policy of ensuring equality of opportunity in employment for all, and to taking action to avoid discrimination.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.