St Basils works with young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, helping over 5000 young people per year across the West Midlands region with specific services in Birmingham, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, the Wyre Forest and Coventry. This is a fantastic opportunity to support the immediate needs of young people within St Basils’ care.
Key activities and challenges specific to the role include:
- To inspire young people to make progress and achieve their ambitions and potential.
- To identify any concerns relating to young people and their wellbeing
- To work as part of a team to assist in the preparation of accommodation for new residents.
- To be available to young people for regular support and to respond to crises.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached Applicant Information Pack. We will provide all necessary support and training however the successful candidate will be required to evidence the following:
- Ability to communicate effectively with young people and others
- Ability to establish rapport and engage with young people who may be vulnerable and socially excluded
- Commitment to ideas and vision of St Basils.
- Working knowledge of IT and databases
In return for your skills and experience, St Basils are able to offer the following:
- £9.50 hourly rate
- Flexibility around your existing circumstances, offering the opportunity to work shifts on a short term basis
If you require any further information please contact St Basils, Human Resources Department on 0121 772 2483, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
St Basils is committed to a policy of ensuring equality of opportunity in employment for all, and to taking action to avoid discrimination.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.