At St Basils we help over 5,000 vulnerable young people every year across the West Midlands to find safe, stable accommodation. This is a fantastic opportunity to support the immediate needs of young people and to showcase your caring nature and ability to champion adversity. This role requires expert knowledge and experience of working with vulnerable people as well as a core understanding of issues surrounding youth homelessness such as mental health, domestic violence and care leavers.
‘St Basils provided me with hope and a light for one of the scariest, darkest times in my life and I will always be truly thankful. ‘
~Former St Basil’s Resident
Key activities and challenges specific to the role include:
- To inspire young people to make progress and achieve their ambitions and potential.
- To support young people to find permanent accommodation and fulfilling work.
- To be confident in supporting young people with complex needs and challenging behaviour.
Further information about this vacancy can be found in the attached Applicant Information Pack.
We will provide all necessary support and training however the successful candidate will be required to evidence the following:
- Up to date knowledge of welfare rights and relevant legislation including the Homeless Reductions Act
- Experience of working within the following areas: Youth Work, Residential or Social Work, Probation/Criminal justice, Community Work, Education and Training, housing or support work.
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Social Care (or prepared to work towards)
In return for your skills and experience, St Basils are able to offer the following:
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 Statutory Bank Holidays per annum, pro rata
- Childcare, cycle to work and life assurance schemes
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Wellbeing Support
- Long Service awards
- Health Scheme
- Free Mandatory Training
- Enhanced DBS check and renewal covered by St Basils
- National Express Discount
- Technology Scheme Vouchers
- Shopping, Leisure and Day Out discounts
If you require any further information please contact St Basils, Human Resources Department on 0121 772 2483, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
St Basils is committed to a policy of ensuring equality of opportunity in employment for all, and to taking action to avoid discrimination.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.