Entering the Competition
- The drawing competition (the “Competition”) is open to children living in the UK aged between 2 and 12 years old (“You”).
- To enter the Competition, You should finish the drawing of Basil Bear and email a picture of it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 7th September.
- You can also enter the Competition by sending your entry to St Basils Fundraising department drawing competition 71-75 Allcock Street Deritend Birmingham B9 4DY. You are responsible for the cost of sending your Competition entry to us.
- When submitting your Competition entry, You must provide your name, age and address, or email address and the name and contact telephone number of your parent or guardian. We will only use this information in relation to the Competition (including checking your eligibility to enter it) and will not use it for any other purposes whatsoever. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the Competition.
- You may only send one entry to the Competition.
- We must receive your entry to the Competition by 11.59pm 7th September 2020
- Employees or agents of St Basils or their family members may not enter the Competition.
Picking the winners
- Barrie Hodge Fundraising Manager will choose the winning entry for the Competition
- The winning entry will be those from the longlist that Fundraising team considers to be the most interesting, creative and original.
- Barries decision will be made on or before September 14 2020. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Publishing the winning entries
- The winning entry will be published on St Basils web site at www.stbasils.org.uk from 14th September 2020 and social media channels (or if St Basils needs to delay this publication for any reason) at a later date.
- You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, You give St Basils a. Permission for your entry to be published on St Basils website and social media, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish your Competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the Competition; and b. The right to use your name, age and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of your entry.
Getting consent from an adult
- Sending in an entry to the Competition means that You accept these Terms and Conditions, which are the rules of the Competition. You should check with your parent or guardian that they are happy for You to enter the Competition based on these Terms and Conditions.
- St Basils requires the consent in writing (which may include e-mail) of the parent or guardian of the author of a winning entry to publish that winning entry and the author’s name, age and town or city of residence on St Basils website
- If St Basils does not receive written consent (which may include e-mail) from the parent or guardian of the author of a winning entry then we may award the prize to another entry for which we are able to gain such consent.
- The winner will receive a Jelly cat Teddy bear from John Lewis.
- The parents or guardians of the winner and the two runners up will be notified by email on or before Monday 14th September 2020
- The prizes will be sent to the winner within 3 weeks of the winning announcement.
- The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by You and cannot be redeemed by You for cash or any other prize.
- We will substitute the prizes with other prizes of similar value in the event that the original prizes offered are not available.
Some other rules
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- If you post your entry your entry will not be returned to you.
- Details of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: St Basils Fundraising department drawing competition 71-75 Allcock Street Deritend Birmingham B9 4DY.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The Promoter of the Competition is to St Basils Fundraising department drawing competition 71-75 Allcock Street Deritend Birmingham B9 4DY. Any complaints regarding the Competition should be sent to this address.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of St Basils for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- St Basils accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. St Basils further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- St Basils reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of St Basils in all matters under its control is final and binding.
- St Basils shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Competition will be governed by English law.