- Our approach with young people is bespoke to them. We will continue to assess their needs and find a means of preventing them experiencing homelessness. We will minimise any unnecessary close social contact to protect everyone.
- We are taking all necessary measures to provide support to enable them to cope with the physical and mental health challenges this virus presents.
- We are working to allocate hardship funds to young people having to self-isolate, should they need this.
- We are keeping a small number of self-contained units free and available for self-isolation of young people, either those coming in to services or where it is not feasible to remain safely in shared accommodation.
FOR THE YOUNG PEOPLE WE SUPPORT
FOR OUR COLLEAGUES, VOLUNTEERS AND CONTRACTORS
- The health and safety of our colleagues, volunteers and contractors is paramount and we have been working with them to identify any who might be at risk and take appropriate measures to mitigate that risk.
- Like many workplaces, we are getting clever about different ways of working. We are encouraging staff who can to work from home and putting in extra safety measures for frontline staff who can’t.
- Our colleagues are both committed and flexible and we will deploy our resources to ensure our frontline services are sustained
FOR OUR PLACES OF WORK
- Signs/posters are prominently displayed in all our offices and services explaining what Covid-19 is, how to identify it, what individuals should do if they suspect they have it and the importance of hand hygiene at all times. This is so people are as educated as possible.
- Extra hand wash, hand sanitizers have been provided in our services and offices and increased cleaning regimes so that they are completely safe to enter.
- Extra support for contractors who come into our places of work so they are fully aware of what we expect from them.
- We are using our spaces creatively to enable greater social distancing, safety and reassurance
We know this situation is changing daily, and we are constantly reviewing and checking to make sure we are adhering to the best possible advice. All our decisions will always have the best interests of the young people we support, our colleagues and our stakeholders at the heart of them.
If you have any questions regarding Coronavirus and our response please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org