Our live and work properties are a 10-minute bus ride or a 20-minute walk from the centre of West Bromwich and 40 minutes from central Birmingham via public transport. With truly affordable rents at a discount of more than 50% compared to private tenancies, our properties will give you the opportunity to save for your future housing plans whilst working on your career, enabling you to live and work.
- St Basil’s Live & Work accommodation offers young people aged 18-25 the opportunity to access high-quality, low-cost housing for up to 2-years or until the day before their 26th birthday. The minimum tenancy offered will be 9 months.
- If you’re aged 18-25 and working or in an apprenticeship you could be offered a tenancy at one of our 86 Live & Work properties at Hallam Close in Sandwell.
- Our Live & Work accommodation is Supportive rather than Supported accommodation. You’ll be expected to manage your tenancy, job and money without support but St Basil’s friendly on site staff will be on hand to provide guidance and to help you adjust to the demands of living independently.
- We keep our rents as low as we can to make it as easy as possible for young people in our Live & Work accommodation to meet their living expenses from their wages and to save.
- We want to provide young people in the West Midlands with a stable base to start their careers and achieve their ambitions.
Click on the links below to view our available Live and Work properties.
An affordable and inviting living experience, each young person will occupy a part-furnished bedroom within a 4-bedroom flat, sharing communal spaces like the kitchen/diner and bathroom with three other young professionals, costing just £50 per week.
All Saints House, Boothroyd House & Hallam House
Affordable self-contained , spacious, light apartments/flats with your own front door. These new homes have been created from a quality refurbishment and remodelling of an existing building with a high standard of finish and decoration with new floor finishes and window blinds throughout, costing just £75 per week.
What we Offer
- A tenancy of up to 2-years (tenants will not be able to remain at Hallam Close beyond their 26th birthday)
- Employment support to help you sustain your job or apprenticeship
- Guidance on Independent Living to help you adjust to living independently
- On site management from our friendly and experienced staff
To be eligible for a live and work tenancy, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Aged 18-25
- Working or in an apprenticeship
- Able to demonstrate that you can afford the weekly rent and your living costs
- Eligible to rent a property in England