Our live and work properties are a 10-minute bus ride or a 20-minute walk from the centre of West Bromwich and 40 minutes from central Birmingham via public transport. With truly affordable rents at a discount of more than 50% compared to private tenancies, our properties will give you the opportunity to save for your future housing plans whilst working on your career, enabling you to live and work.
- St Basil’s Live & Work accommodation offers young people aged 18-25 the opportunity to access high-quality, low-cost housing for up to 2-years or until the day before their 26th birthday. The minimum tenancy offered will be 9 months.
- If you’re aged 18-25 and working or in an apprenticeship you could be offered a tenancy at one of our 86 Live & Work properties at Hallam Close in Sandwell.
- Our Live & Work accommodation is Supportive rather than Supported accommodation. You’ll be expected to manage your tenancy, job and money without support but St Basil’s friendly on site staff will be on hand to provide guidance and to help you adjust to the demands of living independently.
- We keep our rents as low as we can to make it as easy as possible for young people in our Live & Work accommodation to meet their living expenses from their wages and to save.
- We want to provide young people in the West Midlands with a stable base to start their careers and achieve their ambitions.
Apprentice House– £50 per week
An affordable and inviting living experience, each young person will occupy a part-furnished bedroom within a 4-bedroom flat, sharing communal spaces like the kitchen/diner and bathroom with three other young professionals. On-site management ensures prompt attention to general needs and queries. The property boasts deflated rents inclusive of all bills. This residence caters to the dynamic lifestyle of its residents, promoting a communal atmosphere while providing private sanctuaries for personal space. With a simple finish and decoration, Apprentice House offers a comfortable haven for young individuals to thrive in an inclusive and well-managed environment, with the main goal of saving for the future.
- For young people aged 18-25
- Tenants at Apprentice House share a 4-bedroom flat with three other young workers
- You’ll have your own fully furnished bedroom, and you’ll be sharing a kitchen/diner and bathroom/ laundry room with your flatmates, with on-site management for general needs and queries
- Deflated rents of approx. £50 per week, inclusive of all bills
All Saints House, Boothroyd House & Hallam House – £75 per week
Affordable self-contained , spacious, light apartments/flats with your own front door. These new homes have been created from a quality refurbishment and remodelling of an existing building with a high standard of finish and decoration with new floor finishes and window blinds throughout. In addition, the homes have new kitchens and bathrooms with cookers, fridges and showers fed from new electrical and water supplies. The apartments are warm with new double glazed windows and energy efficient heaters plus recently carried out insulation. The homes will be provided with beds, wardrobes, and a bathroom cabinet.
- Tenants at All Saints House, Boothroyd House & Hallam House will have their own self-contained 1 bedroom or studio apartment
- Each flat will come with it’s own kitchen, bathroom and bedroom, with brand new white goods, bed and wardrobe
- Tenants will have access to a newly refurbished laundry block for washing and drying clothes, with on-site management for general needs and queries
- Rents are just £75 per week excluding all bills
What we Offer
- A tenancy of up to 2-years (tenants will not be able to remain at Hallam Close beyond their 26th birthday)
- Employment support to help you sustain your job or apprenticeship
- Guidance on Independent Living to help you adjust to living independently
- On site management from our friendly and experienced staff
To be eligible for a live and work tenancy, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Aged 18-25
- Working or in an apprenticeship
- Able to demonstrate that you can afford the weekly rent and your living costs
- Eligible to rent a property in England
Register your interest- apply today
To register your interest in living at Hallam Close, please fill out the form below.
Once we’ve received your application, one of our team will get in touch to discuss the next steps which will include:
- A more detailed application form, the provision of identity documents and the provision of proof of income information
- An in-person assessment